Edit Mailing Address
Ensure that your mailing address is up-to-date to receive the prizes you win.
Save & Close
Login Required Please Login to use this feature True

Contact Us

Cancel Submit
CommuterConnect MI Banner

Emergency Ride Home

What is the Emergency Ride Home Program?

It's great to ride your bike, hop on the bus, carpool, vanpool, or walk to work, but what if you have an emergency--you might be stranded! Don't worry. We'll give you a ride home--if you're a participant in the Emergency Ride Home Program.

It Works Like This: You Call, They Come!

If you have an emergency and need a ride home from work on a day that you used alternative transportation, call a taxi or the car rental company of your choice. Pay for your ride home ( don't forget to ask for a receipt ) and submit the online reimbursement form.

Emergency Ride Home Fine Print

Poolers who enroll in Emergency Ride Home may receive taxifare, bus fare, or rental car reimbursement in the case of:

  • Personal or family illness;
  • Family crisis;
  • Unscheduled overtime;
  • Mechanical issues with your bike;
  • Unscheduled departure of carpool or vanpool driver.

Key points of the Emergency Ride Home program are:

  • Participants must carpool, vanpool, walk, or bike to work on a regular basis.
  • Poolers must make their own arrangements for a taxicab, rental car, or bus.
  • Reimbursements will be made for trips from the work site to the residence or pooler meeting location. Intermediate stops (e.g., day care or hospital) are permitted.
  • Taxi fares (excluding tip) and bus fare will be reimbursed for trips up to 100 miles one way; rental cars for one day (we are not able to reimburse for Metro Cars due to the excessive costs).

Reimbursement Request:

Submit Reimbursement Request